- ALSTEDE FARMS
- $177,070.00 -177,070.00/year*
415 Old Tappan Rd
Welcome to Alstede Farms! We are first generation family farm producing a variety of fruits, vegetables, and flowers on 600 acres. We grow local produce for our CSA, farm markets, Pick Your Own and our fully stocked farm store. We are dedicated to providing high-quality homegrown local fruits and vegetables and memorable farm experiences. This is accomplished through a highly motivated employee team that is focused on customer service and the sustainable stewardship of God s natural resources. Join a team of out-of-the-box thinkers constantly focused on growing our operation.
We re hiring for a full-time AssistantFarm Production Manager to be located in Chester, NJ. As a Farm Production Manager, you will manage all aspects of fruit, vegetable, and greenhouse production; including planting, irrigation, pest control, labor management, harvesting, and all additional aspects of farm crop production. You will be in an active management role that requires attention to detail. You will also be leading our packing house and cider mill operations. Given the broad variety of crops, our high Agri-tourism, and our large diversified team, we re looking for a strong communicator and collaborator. This position reports to the Farm Production Manager.
We offer competitive compensation package including, housing, company vehicle, health, retirement, paid time off, and promotion opportunities.
An ideal candidate would bring:
- Diversified fruit and vegetable farming experience along with mechanical ability
- Interest in working within the complexity of our highly diversified retail business
- Ability to both recognize and solve problems and communicate with people, both customers and coworkers.
- Proven ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
What you will be doing:
- Manage efficient farm operations while maximizing labor and equipment resources
- Manage and oversee daily irrigation operations, including repairs, movement and installation
- Manage cider mill operations ensuring Food Safety, mill cleanliness, quality control and bottling of 1500+ gallons/week.
- Lead packing house operations to ensure proper inventories of incoming and outgoing produce, working closely with the Farm Operations Manager, Retail Operations Manager, CSA and Tailgate Chiefs
- Assist with educational farm tours, camps and other events as a guide
- Manage farm production records of all spray, pesticide, application, planting, care, production, and harvesting records
- Purchase farm supplies, farm chemicals, fertilizer and lime, seeds and plants
- Align daily counts of fresh produce to distribution demands to Alstede Farms marketing outlets
- Understanding and communicating shortages across the organization
- Focus on reduction of wasted product through better inventory controls through crop planning
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of equipment and facilities
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Associate s or bachelor s degree in agriculture, horticulture, crop and soil sciences or related field or have equivalent experience
- Bring more than 5+ years of farming experience fruit and/or vegetable farming experience along with mechanical ability
- Willingness to work extended hours, up to 6 days a week (60+ hours) during peak seasons
- Willingness to obtain NJ Pesticide Applicator s License
- CDL preferred, but not required
- Computer literacy
Loading some great jobs for you...